About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Thursday, July 30, 2009

My birthday surprise

Well, it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Maneesha and Kiran worked for a few hours painting my head with Henna - it is supposed to be a temporary tattoo, to last a few weeks.




AFter painting on the henna, they put a solution of lemon juice and sugar on the painted parts to help it set, then I slept with the paint on. The next morning I used a butter knife to scrape off the paint and the red henna was supposed to show up after a day.

Well, it didn't quite work - looks like I have a bunch of birth mark splotches on my scalp.

The designs were so pretty and Kiran spent a lot of time designing, then painting. I appreciate the effort.

We thought I would start a new fad and many of you would shave your heads just so you could have henna tattoos painted on!

No comments:

Post a Comment