About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome to 2012

I wish you all a wonderful new year.  I'm happy to be here to celebrate yet another year.  This one is special in that my daughter, Jodi, will be graduating HS in May and then leaving in June for the Naval Academy in Annapolis Maryland.

We had lots of company for the holidays.  It has been nice visiting and playing games with everyone.

I'm hanging in - living a day at a time.  Some days I feel good, and others I feel not so good.  I now have a DNR by the door, and plan to contact the local Visiting Nurses (Hospice) in order to" be prepared".  (That's a Boy Scout term, I believe.)

I'm continuing to do light exercises and Qi Gong "yoga" every day.  I believe it is keeping my body going.  I try to do laundry and wash dishes as I can, and still drive locally when my brain feels clear and my eyes are not swirling. No snowboarding, football, racketball, etc. for me at this time, but I can still play Trivial Pursuit and Boggle. 

My hearing is getting worse, so please be patient when I keep saying "Whaat?", and tend to shout.  I have hearing aids, but am not convinced that they help.

Thanks to all of you for your support, kind words, and gifts. Little LA is a great community!

3 comments:

  1. Cheri, You have been a true gift to the community of Los Alamos for as long as I have known you! Your energy, enthusiasm, courage, and volunteerism have inspired so many. The world is a better place because you are in it and I am tremendously honored to have known you! Your two beautiful children are a legacy to the world and I know they will make you proud. May the thoughts, prayers and HUGS of Los Alamos surround you in the days ahead. You are loved by many more than you know! Sharon Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. To heck with laundry. Go get a massage!
    Think of you everyday sweetie. Some friends pass in and out of our lives while others make home in our hearts and show us how to be better people. Your one of those special people. Much love and hugs. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri, you are one of the really, really good ones and this community would have a hollow place in it if not for you. I don't know you well but often think about you...how good of a person you are, how brave, and how giving! Thresea is fortunate to have such a wonderful person in her life and your children, as they do now, will make you smile and proud often. May God craddle you in his arms and love you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Patty Charles

    ReplyDelete