About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Found out that no tumors does not mean no cancer cells

The good news is that I got my new hearing aids last Thursday.  I'm still not used to them, but hope they will help me hear - especially in crowds.  I have a microphone aid for my "dead" ear which transmits sounds to a receiver in my good ear.  The receiver sticks down in my ear canal, so seems to block out some of the sound - still figuring this out.

Following my ear appointment, I saw my oncologist and she told me that my CA-125 has shot up to 158.  This means the cancer cells are growing fairly rapidly, and most likely in my spinal fluid.  Ovarian cancer to the brain and spinal fluid is a rare occurrence, so no definitive treatments are currently available. We have opted for no more tests or treatments.  My balance is getting worse and my concentration periods shorter.  I'm feeling much as I did about a year ago when the docs rushed me into full brain and spine radiation.  I am thankful to the docs for that because it gave me several good months to spend with friends and family.  (I was even able to play a little golf!)
I wish to thank all of you who were such a big help to me and my family last spring and summer while I was going  through treatments.

I believe that I officially terminate from LANL on January 10.  That is the date they are currently giving me - could change and has several times over the past few months.

2 comments:

  1. Cheri, I am so sorry to hear about the CA-125 results. I really don't know what else to type as I sit here and think about you. I am sorry you are going through this. I am sorry Theresa, Jodi and Jamie are going through this. The world is a better place because you are here. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To heck with laundry. Go get a massage!
    Think of you everyday sweetie. Some friends pass
    Through your life without impact. Others take home
    In your heart and show you how to be a better person.
    Your one of those very special people.
    Much love and bug hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete