About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Sunday, February 13, 2011

1st week of Lobotomizing

I got through the first week (out of 4) of everyday whole brain and spine radiation. Not too bad.
I lay face down on a table - body in a mold and head in a helmet screwed down to the table. I'm strapped down for about 30 minutes why they first shoot my brain from each side, then they shoot the spine. The radiation only lasts about 15 - 30 seconds each, there is lots of calibrating between shots. The radiation does seem to make me nauseous - but not too bad. The steroids make me jittery.

This lack of brain thing is a whole new experience. (Ok, no jokes!) Doc keeps saying that after a couple weeks of the radiation, my brain should start to return. We'll see.

I'm now totally deaf in my right ear, and have trouble swallowing. The Doc thinks the swallowing is a cancer spot on the swallow zone in my brain. (Broth and creamy soups go down well.)

Thanks so much.
Cheri

I'm being forced to lay low - not enough energy to do a lot. I do try not to stay in bed too long.
I have trouble working at computer. None of the letters come out right - yes, worse than normal!

I really appreciate all the support and help from so many of you. Please forgive if you don't get a thank you note right away.
Your being here for us and willingness to step in to help is so wonderful.

When you see me, pleae don't feel offended if I don't acknowledge or comprehend. (Can't hear on right; and my brain is like Jack Nicholson's after they treatd his in One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest.)

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you daily. I've got a good idea for brain boosting - bridge! Can't wait. Hang in there. Wish this wasn't happening, but you're showing us all how to handle life with courage and grace. Big hugs, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you get through the next four weeks as well as you did this one. Rest and keep your strength up. I'll be thinking of you and the family.

    ReplyDelete