About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lots of Docs

Spent yesterday in Abq. getting to know the Radiation Doc and getting "fitted" for radiation. Also got another MRI, this of my total spine.

Received calls today from the Radiation Doc and my Oncologist. The MRI shows small cancer spots, one each in the Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar regions of my spine, and they found several more small spots in my brain.

So, the plan now is 14 days of radiation to my brain and spine. Docs say this will wear me down quite a bit as it will kill good cells with the cancer cells. It will take my hair, mess up my digestion, and cause skin issues - oh boy, what fun!

I plan to try and keep my body moving and am currently trying to get my brain functioning. The Doc gave me some steroids that are supposed to reduce the swelling in my brain and I hope get some cells to fire. Currenlty can hardly hear through the right ear, so if talking to me, please be patient.

thanks for caring.
Cheri

1 comment:

  1. Cheri,
    I hadn't heard until today. You and your family are in my thoughts!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete