About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Scheduled for 1st Chemo

I'm finally scheduled for my 1st chemo treatment. (Not sure why I'm happy about this - but I am.) My CA-125 (cancer marker - sort of?) is now at 1883. The thing is to watch this come down after chemo. The normal is around 35.

I did ride my bike, stretch, and exercise some yesterday, today I'm sort of beat. Tomorrow I get to sit/lay in a chair for about 5 hours while drugs flow into my body - supposedly I'll sleep most of the time due to the Benadryl they put in. Feels sort of like taking uppers, then downers!

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your first treatment Cheri! I can appreciate your statement, "Not sure why I'm happy about this - but I am." It's a necessary evil for sure. Here's hoping you respond well and it doesn't rough you up too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well. If it's any consolation, Joel just had his 10 year 'cancer free' anniversary. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

    ReplyDelete