About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update

Went to the Dr. yesterday and I will be doing the Avastin trial. This trail has first, 2 groups. Both groups of "trialees" will get 6 treatments of Taxal and carboplatin, one will get included Avastin for treatments 2-6, the other will get a placebo for 2-6.
Then, everyone is randomized again split into 2 groups. One will get an additional 16 treaments of Avastin, the other 16 treatments of placebo.

Before I can start, they have to baseline me for the trail, so I had tests Friday and have a CT scan for Monday. Chemo will start either late next week, or early the following. I will have treatments every 21 days in Abq., with tests run every week.

The nurse said that my hair will probably fall out 2 or 3 weeks after the 1st treatment. She also said that the 3rd treatment tends to hit patients the hardest. However, everyone reacts differently.

As long as my blood counts stay up, I shouldn't have to worry too much. Typically day 10 - 14 is when the blood counts get the lowest, so these days I should stay away from people, kids, anything that carries germs.

Dr. did say I could ride my bicycle, but not to lift weights (even small ones) for another week. I'm getting stronger, but still have times with abdomen pain and weakness.

Thanks for reading.
Cheri

1 comment:

  1. Cheri,
    Hello! Been waiting to hear from you. Glad you updated us. Just wanted to let you know we are continuing to lift you up in prayer. Could not sleep last night so you got and extra dose of prayer. Praying for the whole family.

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete