About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Still Waiting... LAMC disappointing

Well, I'm still waiting for chemo scheduling. My baseline tests have been slow to get in. I'm disappointed with LAMC's lab services. My Dr. had wanted a rush on all the tests, so I went to Abq. for the CT scan - results came right away. I then made the mistake of getting the EKG, Urine, and blood tests done in Los Alamos. My Drs. office has had to constantly nag LAMC to get the results. Yesterday - one week after my blood draw - they were still waiting for the results (CA-125 test). Nurse was then told they would have to send out to the Lab again and would be another week. While LAMC is "screwing around", my cancer is growing and my chemo not scheduled. So, yesterday I drove to S.F. to get my blood drawn and they said they would have my CA-125 results early today.
I do plan to let LAMC know how dissappointed I am with their services. I will be needing tests done weekly. Wish I could use their services, but will need to drive to S.F. instead.

In the mean time, I'm feeling well, getting out walking and spending time with family and friends.

One anicdote I've mentioned to other cancer patients and they have seen the same phenonemon with their pets is...
I noticed a few months ago that our dog, Fala, had started following me and laying next to me all the time. I thought it was because she was getting older. But now I believe it was because she "knew" I had cancer.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Let me know if there is anything Joel and I can do. We thought that maybe we could fly out to take you to one of your treatments. Just let us know...

    Hugs,

    Mike and Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Cheri. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles with LAMC but I'm glad you have taken matters into your own hands and did what you need to do by going to S.F. to get some attention and real service!

    ReplyDelete