About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Learning about Blogs

Hi.

I just found out that there are "postings" to the blog, and read your posts. (Hard to believe I'm a Computer Network Engineer! Oh yeah, the Lab labels me a "System Programmer" or something like that.) It is so nice to read notes from many of you. Thanks for so many good thoughts and vibes.

Yesterday I rode bikes with Jamie and Jodi to the playground at Barranca and had a great time. I'm not even any sorer today! (Some friends thought it was a bit soon for me to be bike riding.)

Today we celebrated Jamie's 8th birthday with his classmates. He walked around the "sun" 8 times to represent each year he has lived. Jamie insisted on his friends seeing my chemo port and feeling it through my shirt. I explained that it was a port for the Drs. to put chemicals into my body to kill the cancer.

Tomorrow I go to the Dr. to get my "piercings" removed and hope to get a few more answers about the chemo treatment. I still am not clear as to why they are opting out of the combination intraperitoneal(IP) and IV treatment. I'm told they will just be doing the IV treatment.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't surprise me at all that you were out there biking and horsing around already, Cheri. I just had to look up "intraperitoneal" to try to understand what they are apparently not doing anymore. I'll be interested to hear more about the chemo plans once you find out more.
    Good luck getting the piercings out tomorrow. Has the experience made you consider getting more more permanent, alternative piercings of any sort? :-)

    ReplyDelete