About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Talked with Dr.

Dr. Moller (Gynecologic Oncologist) called me today to check in. I got a few questions answered. She said the combination chemotherapy (IP and IV) would have been for me if I was "optimal status" - no cancer masses > 1cm. They got the masses from the abdomen area, and cut what they could of the lymph nodes, but had to leave some which are > 1cm in lymph nodes on my aorta, so I'm considered "sub-optimal" status. She said they would hit me agressively with IV Chemo containing the drugs Carboplatin and TAxol (Paclitaxel). I may also be a candiate for a clinical trial which would include Bevacizumab (Avastin) for some of the "trialees". If I can, I'll go for the trial.
Dr. appeared optimistic due to my age and health. She confirmed that Chemo would likely start soon after April 3.

1 comment: