About Me

How you can help

  • Positive Thoughts, Discussions, Prayers
  • Support for Theresa, Jodi, Jamie
  • Transportation to Abq for treatments. http://carecalendar.org/index.php 64657, 1402
  • No Flowers please

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Surgery

Tuesday, 3/10/09- My moms (Cheri and Theresa) went to ABQ for Cheri's hysterectomy today at about 8:30. She was prepped and went under the knife around 1:30. The surgery took 3 hours and now she is in the recovery room still out of it. The Doctor said that everything is as expected- she has been de-ovaried and all that other baby-making goodness has been removed. Her doctor confirmed that her cancer is stage 3 and that she cannot leave the hospital until she is able to poop. (sorry I just didn't feel like beating around the bush!) they think they will be out by this weekend. Her brother Steve, sister-in-law Susan, and Theresa are at the hospital awaiting her awakening. (haha that was cool!) Soon she will have recovered from her surgery and then go into chemo therapy for about 6 months- maybe- well I don't really know but I think that's right. Thanks soo much for all of your support we cant do any of this without friends here to help us out!
-Jodi
-By the way, Cheri is in the Presbyterian hospital in room 366B



Wednesday, 3/11/09- Cheri is awake today, and she is handling very well. She was even able to stand up and walk around a little. They plan to take her catheter out today or tomorrow. She is on pain meds, and says she is not in very much pain, but who really knows with her. All signs show that she will be out of the hospital very soon!

10 comments:

  1. Jodi, you are so good and articulate to write. "Awaiting awakening!" That was pretty good. I'm in Vegas this week, back Fri night, but please please do let us know if we can help with anything whatsoever. Rides, meals, movies, Airsoft, you name it...etc.etc. Miles is at 412-5632; Jack is at 412-5631, and I'm at 412-9015 by cell, home 661-9952, and work 662-8133. Trust you and Jamie are keeping the home fires warm. Lotsa love, Allison (and crew)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi, tell your moms I am thinking about them. I am really glad that the surgery is over with and I will hope for a "poop." If I can do anything for you all, just let me know.
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bouquins are standing by sending positive energy your way. Mireya and I cut my hair tonight. Not quite as sassy as Lorenzo's.
    Erin and Mireya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the update, Jodi. I'm glad the surgery went well today. I was checking here frequently yesterday looking for any updates and am delighted to see you are posting updates. Here's hoping for a good poop in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jodi and family-Just wanted you to know that the Fanchers are praying for you guys and you are all in our thoughts this week! I am glad that my parents were able to come see Cheri. I know your mom is so strong and will come through this with flying colors!! She is an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheri - We are sending much white light your way for a good poop and a return home soon.

    Jodi - Very nice note. You have become quite the writer!

    We love all you guys! Barbie and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess hence forth we will be known as Curious...don't know why and can't figure out how to change it. Ummmm.... Jodi, can you help? Barbie and Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheri,
    My name's Kay and I'm an ovarian cancer survior of 2.5 years. I was diagnosed at age 39, with 2 year old twins, with stage 3c ovca. My friend Emmy gave me your blog address.

    I know what you're going through,I know where you're going, and I'm here for you. I run the Ovarian Cancer TOGETHER! (NM)website which I think Emmy gave you the link to. But all you need to think aboutright now is recovering from the surgery, building up your strength and sailing through the chemo. 6 cycles of carbo/taxol seem like a life sentence but it will go by sooner than you think.

    I'm sending all my prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family. Welcome to the club. You didn't want to join it, but now you're in I hope we will get to be friends. I hope you will also meet the other 2 ovarian cancer thrivers in Los Alamos because like Emmy, they are all truly wonderful, courageous women.

    If I may, I'd like to send you articles, and info that may help you at various times. For now, peace and blessings,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. They say that the third day of recovery from surgery is the worst, so here's hoping that today is much better than yesterday. Let us know if you need ANYTHING!!!
    The Geyers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great postings Jodi-thank you for keeping us all updated. Our family sends our prayers, best wishes and love for Cheri's quick recovery from the surgery. Call if there is anything we can do to help. Erin, let us know when rides or meals are needed.

    ReplyDelete